Thursday, December 11, 2008

Go for gold


In class this morning I calculated that I have been awake for approximately 35 of the last 38 hours. That is two all-nighters back to back, minus a two and a half hour nap after the first, and a half hour nap in the cafeteria before my 9 a.m. class after the second. Waking up to go to class was where the real difficulty came. And it was so cold and shitty. I was sort of okay otherwise.

It started at 11pm two nights ago, after a three hour nap from 8-11pm (preparation for what i thought was going to be a single, very productive all-nighter). I kept my blinds shut so as not to remind myself that day had come. At 2:30 I took my nap. When i woke up it was 5 and the sun had already gone down. As the light rose this morning I saw the first bit of daylight i'd seen in two days. but it was raining.

Now im at work. Here are the barcodes i scanned:
->35042000714072
->35042010167741
->35042012342201
->35042010949411

Ten minutes ago i felt great, like i had overcome sleep ("woah! i feel indestructible guys!") but now im at work and im falling all over my desk and sighing like a kid dragged to a museum by his parents. My brain feels extra goey. My shift is over in an hour and 12 minutes. It will take me six or seven minutes to walk back to my room. Then I can go to sleep.

2 comments:

C.J. said...

Ah ha ha ha ha
I'm glad you updated.

C.J. said...

Yo that laughing sounded insincere. I was just trying to capture my chuckling. Straight up laughing hurts today.